Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WoW, That's Interesting...

Well so much for updating often. I've been meaning to write up a new post everyday since the semester ended, but I've just been ridiculously tired when I get the chance to finally do this. I can say that this will most likely be another huge ass post though.


Winter break is now half way over and it's just flown by! Last week I was called in two days, so overall I worked 5 days and clocked in around twenty nine hours I believe it was. I worked Christmas Eve as well from 7a-1:30p, which was not very fun since seven was extremely early for me. I was only supposed to work until 1, but was asked to stay the extra half hour so someone could take a lunch break....I never even got my fifteen minute break.


Friday I work as well from 2:30p-7:30p and it's my last day as a seasonal employee. I seriously thought there was another week left, but turns out there isn't. When I checked my schedule on Monday there was only my half hour interview with the General Manager on it, so Friday is it. I also don't think there are any cashier positions opening up, so sadly I'll be without a job in two days. It really sucks that it's ending...I've talked with some cool people and have even kind of made a friend.


I mentioned in one of my previous posts how I exchanged cell numbers with a coworker at Best Buy...Well we met up last night and grabbed a shake at the Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts hybrid place. Which reminds me that half of my shake is still in the freezer. ANYway, he's seasonal as well so he's in jeopardy of not having  a job soon too.


Speaking of endings, the semester's been over for a week and a half now. The last day of Sculpture class I took pictures of almost everyone's sculptures. We were putting the patina on them, which is like a glaze. Here they are:


Photobucket
This is my only completed sculpture. I know it looks like crap. I've never gotten along well with clay.


Photobucket
This is one of Melanie's completely finished sculptures. At least I think that's what her name is. Her's were definitely the best out of the group.


Photobucket
Melanie's second one.


Photobucket
This is Nicole's. She was in Sculpture II, so she chose to sculpt a skull. It's not finished, but it's extremely cool.


Photobucket
This is one of Kinsey's finished ones. She took her other one home before I took pictures.


Photobucket
This is one of Mija's. (I think that's how you spell her name, I believe she's from Korea) She wasn't there the last day of class, so her's is unfinished. I also forgot to take a picture of her other sculpture.


Photobucket
This is Terrance's. His second sculpture is better, but it was in the other room when I took the pictures real quick.


Photobucket
This is one of Jane's sculptures. She's older and apparently works with clay pretty regularly if I'm remembering correctly.


Photobucket
Jane's second one.


We had pizza and pop while we finished up our sculptures, but the next day was my Calculus test. It took me three hours to finish that thing and I thought it was alright. There were several questions that really confused me, but other than that I thought I was going to get a decent grade. Apparently I thought wrong since I ended up getting a D on the final exam. I couldn't believe it when I checked the grade. It brought my overall grade down dramatically and I ended up with a 79.something % It really pissed me off since it made me end with a C. I'll be taking Calculus II in January, so I'll have to up my concentration in that class.


Besides work and school, I have watched a few more movies. It hasn't been as much as before due to being busy and tired though. They are:


  Shrek Forever After Anastasia


I'd prefer not to talk about how my Christmas was, but I only got a $25 gift card to Meijers of all places from my mom's side of the family. The next day I went there and bought:





I used to watch that movie five times a day when I was little. Best Buy also had Toy Story 3 and Inception on sale for $9.99 so on break I went to snatch those up, but we were out of Toy Story 3. I might have to check if there's more tomorrow.


I do have some postcards to put up, but since I'm on my NEW laptop it'll have to wait until I'm on my desktop again. I went to make a payment on this laptop last Monday and my dad offered to pay the remaining balance as a Christmas gift. Of course I agreed so I was able to take it home that day. It's absolutely amazing! I had to wait a day to really mess with it though since I downloaded World of Warcraft and that was a ridiculously huge download.


 At first I had only bought the WoW Battle Chest that has the original game and first expansion, but then the second expansion was $20 off and this week Best Buy has the newest expansion, Cataclysm, on sale for $10 off, so I picked that up as well. WoW is now fully upgraded and I am loving getting back into it. I think I'll be making a second character soon, but for right now I'm playing as a Draenei Paladin and am lvl 31, which is a higher lvl than any of my characters ever got to when I played two years ago.


I do have some postcards to put up on here as well as a few other pictures I'd like to post, but I still need to go through my stuff and scan everything. I might hop on my desktop later tonight to update with those, but for now I'll keep it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment