Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It Feels As If The World Is Slowing Down

The past two days have felt a little strange to me. It seems like a lot has happened, yet it also seems like nothing has happened. I blame the cold that decided to hit me last night.

Sunday night the weather took a turn for the worse, so come Monday morning every single school and college was closed, as well as many businesses, except for the one I attend. Of course. Here are a few pictures I took on the way to the college:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Someone spun out on the off ramp of the highway. Not exactly the best spot to be.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see it wasn't the snowfall that was making travel difficult, but the wind. We had 40 MPH winds that day, so I wasn't exactly happy that college was still in session. Plus I had a Calculus test, so having two extra days to study would have been amazing. When I got to the college though I saw why it hadn't been cancelled. Here's how the sky looked near the college:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Without driving on the highway it takes ten minutes to get to the college. There is no way there should have been this huge of a difference in the weather. Ridiculous.

Surprisingly everyone showed up for the Chapter 6 test. It turned out to be the most difficult test of the semester (So far...there's still the final on Friday) and of course it was the one where my brain refused to use any of its power. I thought I blanked out on the Chapter 3 test...well this one was about 1000 times worse. I couldn't remember how to do things that I have been doing all semester, so I most likely failed this test. On the bright side I did answer all but one of the questions, but they are all most likely wrong. I also had my mom to thank for distracting me a bit...

That morning my mom sent me seven pages of text. I don't like mentioning her shenanigans on here, so I'm just going to say that she's gone so far past insane this time that I can't even comprehend it and thought that she was joking at first. I suppose I'll find out more details at the family Christmas party this Saturday. One's things for sure; I'm not holding back my thoughts on her actions anymore. If she brings it up at the party I'm going to tell her exactly what I think. I doubt it will do any good, but she needs a serious wake up call. Especially since she's dragging my brother along with her.

Monday night I watched a documentary by Michael Moore called Capitalism: A Love Story. I had actually watched it Sunday night, but watched it the next day as well with my dad and grandma. It really shed some light on some things and I found it extremely interesting. Here's the cover:



Of course throughout the whole thing my dad was making comments. He enjoys shows that confront corruption and conspiracy, so this was definitely his cup of tea. If anything that movie is motivation to get the hell out of this country. Especially since a lot of what they showed was in Michigan...the state where I live. I think Michael Moore sums it up perfectly by saying "What the fuck happened?"

I watched this documentary using the instant view feature thing on my Wii. I've also watched two other movies using the DVD format:

 

I really love Robert Downey Jr's character in Sherlock Holmes. I know that the whole movie is completely different from the stories, blah blah blah, but I enjoyed the movie pretty well. It didn't hold my attention as much as I thought it would, but the ramblings of Holmes entertained me.

Date Night was just a brainless movie to watch. I don't want to watch anything sad or dramatic since it's finals week and I don't want to feel depressed, so I figured a "comedy" would be a good change. There's definitely more action than comedy, but my favorite part of the movie was the car chase, so I suppose the action enhanced it rather than detracted from it.

Through everything I now officially have a cold. My throat has been bothering me for weeks, but last night I started getting a stuffy nose and by the time I went to bed my throat felt swollen and I couldn't breath through my nose at all. By morning my ears felt clogged as well and I now feel a pressure in my head. After a trip to Walgreens we now have the knock off of Sudafed and a bottle of NyQuil. I took two of the pills several hours ago, but I haven't noticed any difference. I'll probably be taking the NyQuil soon, which I have never had before in my life, so we'll see how that goes.

Tomorrow is study time in Calculus class and then the post-assessment for fitness. I'll need to write a paper for that class as well as for sculpture. Then on Friday there's the final exam and I'm free. However, I have work on Friday from 3:30p-11:00p I am seriously hoping that my cold is a bit better by then. Being a cashier and having a cold is not a good thing at all.

Wish me luck, since so far this week has just been getting worse and worse. There's a light at the end of the tunnel though.

No comments:

Post a Comment