Thursday, December 9, 2010

And It's Almost Coming To A Close...

Well there's now less than a week and a half of the semester left. Thank God. One quiz and two more tests in Calculus and then I'll be free for a month. I don't remember if I mentioned it in my last post, but I currently have a B in the class. I took the Chapter 5 test last Friday though and felt extremely good about it, so hopefully I won't be disappointed.


Geez, we're already over a week into the month of December and I still haven't written about my Thanksgiving. I've actually been stupidly busy, so I'll catch up on everything right now, including pictures.


Overall my Thanksgiving seriously sucked. I got to my Aunt Tammy's at around 3:45 P.M. My mom hadn't even gotten there yet. Turns out my grandpa got pissed off at some ridiculous thing and went home. My mother showed up just a few minutes after me...with her room mate in tow. Instantly everyone was voicing their disapproval considering she never even told anyone that she was going to bring her along.


The dinner was short and it was strange not having the whole family there. Everyone's become so disjointed and are holding so many grudges that I'm not even sure who's still talking to who anymore. There was a lot of arguing since my mom decided she was going to flaunt her online boyfriend collection. I was very close to saying something to her, but I hate stirring things up even more than they already are.


My brother and I decided to go see the movie "Tangled", but of course even that couldn't go smoothly. We misread the time and ended up going into the theatre a half hour late. We didn't realize it though until we walked in and saw that the movie was already playing and people were everywhere. Turns out we didn't miss much at all and it ended up being an extremely good movie. It doesn't end here though.


The car I drive is a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme...A.K.A: Old and doesn't want to run. It takes a long time to warm up, otherwise it'll stall. Normally if it does stall it will the first time I hit the gas. Well this time it decided to do things a bit differently.


I was taking my brother back to my mom's house when a red light came on in the dash. It said "GEN", which means generator apparently. Immediately my car started to deaccelerate. I was not a happy camper at this point, especially since I was going 75 MPH on the highway. Obviously I pulled off to the side, which was when my car decided to not allow me to steer anymore either. Here is a picture I took while stranded on the side of the highway:


Stranded On The Highway


You can kind of see part of my car and the window on the door that's open. My mom, dad, and grandma all ended up coming out to get us. My dad and grandma came in the same vehicle so that my dad could drive the Oldsmobile. Of course it was fine for him all the way home. My dad used to be a mechanic, and according to him the Oldsmobile stalled. I don't think I've driven it since then.


Of course with it being Thanksgiving and all the next day was Black Friday. My original shift at Best Buy was supposed to be 4:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. I ended up getting there at 4 in the morning and found out they extended my shift until 2:30. The good news is that it wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be and only one customer yelled at me. Apparently an employee was telling people that we were doing price matching that day when we had a meeting that morning that specifically told us that we WERE NOT doing price matching on anything. Hell, we weren't even matching our own website. So the customer got pissy and threw the items around. Oh well.


What was kinda funny is that even our lunch breaks were all scheduled, yet they had people taking them early anyway. My "lunch break" was at 9:30 if I'm remembering correctly. I also ended up getting out of there at 1:30. One of the supervisors let me leave since I was originally only scheduled until 1. I would have stayed if I could, but I honestly could not take much more. I was dead tired and completely exhausted, so I snatched up the chance to leave.


Besides the terrible holiday and the end of the semester coming up, I have been finding time to relax. Almost every night I watch a movie. I signed up for Netflix a few weeks ago, and it is seriously the best thing ever. I only tried out the instant watch thingy the other day since I wasn't sure how it would go with my craptastical internet, but it works amazing and I have already watched three instant movies:


   


Here are the ones I've watched using DVD's:


Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire      

Since I'm posting quite a lot of pictures right now, here's another one from the night I went to the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie. Hopefully you can see it, but it looks like there's a rainbow above the moon. The picture really didn't capture much of it since I was using a phone, but in person it was truly amazing:

Rainbow Moon

Now that it's December it seems like it's opened the doors to all the good ol' lake effect snow. Here's after the first snowfall of the month:

First Snow

And here's on the way back from work on Sunday:

Snowy

Crap Roads

And finally on the way to the college I attend on Tuesday:

Visibility

Going To The College

Road Conditions

On the way to school I actually saw my art teacher in a vehicle going the other direction...away from the college. Turns out class wasn't cancelled, but he was just 5 minutes late. One whole side of the art room is windows, and at times the visibility out of them was zero. It was just pure white outside. I have no idea how these geese and swans tolerate it:

Geese, EVERYWHERE

I do have a few postcards to post, but I have yet to scan them so I'll just wait until next time. I do, however, have some pictures I'd like to share of my cats:

Charmin
This is Charmin...

Charmin Box
...He loves boxes

Jack Box
Jack also loves boxes.

My computer is now starting to get very angry with me from all these pictures, so anything I've forgotten will have to wait. Hopefully I'll be able to post more often, but it might have to wait until the end of the semester.

I'm still hoping for an A in Calculus. Hey, miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment