Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's A New Year Already!?

Damn. I agree with whomever says that each year goes by faster than the one before. December especially flew by insanely fast. I think work distorted my perception of time. 


Speaking of work...Friday was my last day. I got to end the year with losing my job. Oh joy. I have an interview with the General Manager on Wednesday, but I know that there are no cashier spots opening up. Every seasonal employee does the interview, so we'll probably be told how well we did over the holidays and things of that nature. I'm extremely sad to see it end. I really enjoyed the people there. 


Yesterday night wasn't very exciting. I actually took a nap shortly after I got home since I was stupidly tired. About an hour and a half till midnight my grandma and I went over to my cousins house and snacked on chips, dip, and drank some sparkling grape juice I picked up. We watched the ball drop in New York on the TV and then I played WoW till four in the morning. Haha. 


One of these years I want to go to New York to bring in the New Year. The atmosphere seems amazing and just seeing all the people and music would be extremely awesome. 2012 would be a good year to go there since it'd be after the whole "world is ending" thing. 


I haven't really been on my desktop yet, so I'm still unable to update with postcards and swaps that I've received. I'm actually trying to get back into swapping and sending postcards more since I almost stopped over this past months. Everything slowed down though from the holidays. 


I did watch an instant movie through Netflix on my Wii tonight though. It's a foreign movie that came out in 2008 in Sweden. Obviously the actors/actresses talk in Swedish, so I watched it with the English subtitles. America just did a remake of it though that came out in October (I believe it was) in 2010. Here's my review:


Let the Right One In


I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. 


Since the English version of this movie was released all I've heard is that the original is a lot better and a must see. I have not seen the English version, so I am unable to compare the two, but Im not extremely impressed with the original. I had absolutely no problems with watching a movie in a foreign language. The subtitles were easy to read except in a few snowy scenes. White on white isnt exactly the greatest. 


One thing that I believe took away from the movie was the way the scenes flowed. They were choppy and sometimes I caught myself saying "What just happened?" Some snippets of scenes I didnt understand and actually read a bit about it so that I could fully understand the movie. The snippets were shown so quickly that I really had no idea what was even shown. 


Overall it was an alright movie. I think they should have thought about how they were going to move through the plot more carefully so that more necessary information was included. Id recommend it to anyone who enjoys old vampire laws, a slower pace, and books turned into movies.


I headed over to Best Buy today and they almost didn't have the movie I was looking for again. There was three or four left and today was the last day it was on sale:


Toy Story 3


I saw this movie in theatres when it first came out. It's definitely really good and I'll probably be watching it tomorrow or within the next few days. I also watched Beauty and the Beast last night, which was quite a nostalgic ride. 


There's only about a week left of winter break now, which means I really need to get in gear to buy my textbooks. The college reopens on Monday, so I'll most likely get everything ordered then. Other than that things are pretty mellow right now. 

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF THE YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment