Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's About Time I'm On My Desktop Again

Yep, that I am. The bad part is that I have no idea what's actually new that I've gotten this past month. I definitely need to try to keep up with scanning and dating what I receive so that my memory issues aren't as ridiculous.


ANYway, I do have four things I'd like to post on here. The first is a postcard I received through Postcrossing. It came in the mail a few days ago when it was still 2010:


Canada Map Postcard
It's from a Chinese college student who's studying in Canada. I think it's funny how misshapen Michigan looks.


This next one is also a postcard that, if I'm remembering correctly, I received earlier in December. I don't think I've posted it yet and I'm far too lazy right now to check. Someone from Sendsomething.net sent it to me, so I'll need to check out their profile soon to see what kind of PC's they're interested in:


Reedy River Falls
It's kind of amusing to me that the picture is of falls in South Carolina. My mother just moved down there on Thursday. That's a whole other story though.


The last two things I want to post today are both ATC's that I received in swaps. This first one I wasn't expecting since it came as an extra in a Thanksgiving card swap:


Photobucket
Daydrifter is who created this card and it definitely was a surprise. It's really beautiful.


The second ATC is from a Dark Tower Series swap. Stephen King wrote the series, which is seven books in all. Bluemonkeymama created this one and it's awesome as well. The picture is kind of messed up since some things are 3D and there is a reflection since it's in plastic. I would have taken it out, but I have before and almost couldn't get it back in! The background also isn't as dark as it appears in the picture:


Photobucket
I'll try to take a picture of it later to replace this scanned image.


I should be getting back into more swaps soon, so more pictures will definitely be posted. World of Warcraft is still keeping me occupied, but last night there were some technical difficulties going on with the game that the creators, Blizzard, had to address.


There were authentication errors going on, which made it quite difficult to login to the game and once in game things would freeze and you'd get disconnected easily. At first I thought something was wrong with my internet, but pretty quickly there was a message from Blizzard on the login screen saying that they were trying to identify the problem.


This was all fine except right before they posted the message I was attempting my first dungeon with a group of people. Things were alright at first until it started freezing and finally I got disconnected. Since logging in was being stupid as well I gave up.


Since then they've figured out what was wrong and everything should be fixed. I haven't really had any issues today when I was playing, so hopefully it'll be smooth until the next issue pops up. Right now I'm just trying to figure out where the hell to go to in the game and how to get there. Here's all the things I had to purchase to be completely up-to-date on the game:


 


Thank God for Christmas sales. I paid $9.99 for the first, which is the original game + the first expansion: The Burning Crusade. The second I got for $20, while I believe it's normal price is still $40. The third and final expansion (for right now at least) just came out in early December, but I got ten bucks off of it, so I paid $30.


The newest expansion brings two new races to the game as The Burning Crusade did: Worgen and Goblins. I created a Worgen Warrior the other day and have only played it once, so it's level nine at the moment. Their start is quite different from the others I've played and the added cinematics are interesting. I'm thinking I picked the wrong class since I'm not really enjoying it at all. I didn't want to make another paladin though. It's definitely time to make my Tauren Hunter.


I really want to watch another instant movie tonight, but I'm completely unsure of what I should pick. Right now I'm leaning towards this movie:


Up


I still haven't seen it yet and the reviews that I've read so far are praising it quite a lot. A cute family movie is probably what I need right now too. I also don't want to watch something really long, so this fits the bill quite well.


Don't be surprised if there's a review of it up by the end of tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment