Sunday, October 17, 2010

Surprise, Surprise.

Not too much has been going on this past week. I've been feeling pretty sick, so I've been trying to get more sleep. That didn't really happen this weekend though. I'd be really tired by eight or nine, so I'd go to bed, but only end up sleeping for a few hours. Of course I'd then be awake until six or later in the morning. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to go to bed at a decent time and stay asleep.


On Tuesday I got quite the surprise. A number I didn't recognize called my cell phone, so I didn't bother to answer it. A minute later I had a voicemail though, so I listened to it and it turns out that it was the man that had interviewed me. I immediately called back and a woman answered, so I asked for my interviewer. She put me on hold and a few minutes later she was back on the line asking if I'd be able to come in for a second interview on Thursday at twelve. I obviously said that it'd be fine.


Now I had never been to a second interview before, so I really did not know what to expect. I was nervous since I had no idea what new questions they would ask or anything.


Thursday morning comes around and I get a call on my cell at about 10:30. It's Best Buy and they were asking if it was possible to move my interview to five. I agreed to it, but it was an extremely good thing that they called, since for some reason I was originally scheduled to come in at four. How I mixed up hearing "twelve" instead of "four" on the phone I will never know.


Having a later interview time made it a little more nerve racking. I got to Best Buy about ten minutes to five. My dad came with me since he wanted to browse the store while I was being interviewed. I told the greeter why I was there and I was informed that they were running behind and that I could roam the store while I waited. There really wasn't anything I wanted to look at, so I just kind of followed my dad around the store for a bit. I went to the video games section and they had the newest Guitar Hero game set up, so I played one of the songs on that. By then about twenty minutes had passed so I went back up to the front to see if they were waiting for me. No luck.


My dad and I hung around the front of the store for about twenty five more minutes until a man came out of the back room. He went up to the greeter, who pointed at me. The man then walked up to me and apologized for how behind they were. I was quite nervous by then since the interview had been delayed.


For the most part it was like my first interview. I was asked to describe myself and answer several questions that would gauge my suitability to the company. After his questions were done it was my turn. Of course my first question was "How long will it be until I know if I'm hired or not?" I was given my second surprise when his answer was "Oh. I'd like to offer you a position here." I probably had a shocked expression on my face. He then went over things like Dress Code and the drug test I'd have to take the next day. I walked out with a stack of papers and a huge smile on my face. My dad was in the car waiting for me at this point and he knew right away that I had gotten the job.


Earlier, while we were waiting, an employee had come up to us asking if we needed any help. I had said that I was just waiting for my second interview and her response to that was "Oh, congratulations on joining the company!" I was really confused at first since no one had mentioned anything about a possible job offer, but now that I have the job I understand what she meant.


Wow, that's a lot longer than I thought it was going to be, so I think it's time for some postcards. This one is what I received for the Lighthouse PC Swap on Swap-bot:


Photobucket
I think it's very beautiful.


These are the ones I've received for Postcrossing:


Photobucket
From a fellow Michigander.


Photobucket
From Taiwan for a private swap.


Photobucket
From California. I actually like this one a lot. I find it pretty in a strange way. haha.


I really need to find a way to store my postcards. I wish I was able to put them on my wall or something like that, but my room is too small to have enough wall space for that.


I've still been playing Pokemon HeartGold. I'm still in love with that game. I was only going to play it for a little bit last night, but after defeating the second to last Kanto gym leader I figured I might as well battle Gary/Blue. All his Pokemon I got a one hit KO on except for his lvl 60 Pidgeot. It makes no sense either. I ended up defeating it with my lvl 56 Ampharos, since apparently flying types are weak to electric attacks. I've forgotten that a billion times throughout the game.


I now have all the 16 gym badges in HeartGold. I'm going to hold off on going to Mt. Silver and battling Red though. I want to capture the legendaries and get a decent water type before doing that. My main water Pokemon right now is a lvl 51 Feraligatr who's move Hydro Pump has missed every single time. I seriously hate that Pokemon. I'd rather have a water one that I actually like. I'm also able to battle all the gym leaders again, so I'd rather do that as well. I still haven't even put together the Pokewalker yet.


Other than that not much has been going on. My mood seems to change with the seasons, so I'm starting to get more depressed at night. When I try to sleep I think about things that I thought I had forgotten or had dealt with and moved on from. Even my dreams are putting me through a crazy range of emotions.


Ah well. At least I'm getting through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment