Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh Calculus, How You Eat My Time.

Seriously, why am I in this class again? Oh right, because I'm crazy. We've had four quizzes and one test so far and I'm already wanting to throw in the towel. We do two take home quizzes per chapter. One when we're half way through and the other when we're finished. Seems easy, right? Not when it takes five - six hours to complete. I swear I must be the slowest person in that class. Doesn't help that I've never even had a Pre-Calculus class. I wanted a challenge and dear Lord...I definitely have one.

We got our most recent quizzes back today. My score was 19/25, which is pathetic considering how much time I put into it. The worst part is that I seem to understand the material mildly well, but it's simple things from Algebra and whatnot that are incredibly slowing me down. I just can't seem to remember what I learned four years ago, and who the hell would? I'm not going to be a Mathematician, or an Engineer, or anything like that. So it really is pointless for me to be taking this class. I'm going to continue to push forward with it though and try to get the best grade I can. I cannot afford to fail and if I can pass a Calculus class...well then I'd definitely feel accomplished. We'll just see how I feel after the test tomorrow....

Speaking of college though, I sent an email to this one community college I've been highly interested in. I don't remember if I've ever really mentioned it on here before. The first email I sent last Sunday (The 10th) and never received a response, so I sent another Monday night. Tuesday morning I got a response and apparently they had never received my first email. I have no idea what it is with my email and colleges, but it seems to have a problem with them. The first email was in my "Sent" folder and all I did was copy and paste the email address I was sending it too. Did the same thing with the second one, but for some reason it went through this time. Ah well, at least some of my questions were answered.

Major college plans are going to have to be put on hold now though since Best Buy hired me. Haven't heard from them yet about the day training is going to be on, but I'll most likely hear from them tomorrow or Friday.

I've received several postcards since my last post. They are all for Postcrossing:

Photobucket
Pretty scenery from a man in Pakistan. Apparently there aren't many members on Postcrossing from there.

Photobucket
From Oklahoma. This is probably my most favorite postcard right now. I just think it's really cool. Haha.

Photobucket
Just received this one today from the Netherlands.

I've had to put sending postcards out on hold. I'm down to almost nothing when it comes to money. Scholarship checks get mailed out on Friday, so I'll be putting that in my bank account right away. The new job at Best Buy will allow me to finally have a flow of income as well. It'll definitely be nice to have some savings for once.

I really love sharing pictures, so just because here's two pictures of the edge of the field next to my house:

Photobucket
It was starting to get dark out in this picture.

Photobucket
Definitely earlier in the day.

I wanted to get some pictures of the trees and leaves around my house. I have a lot more pictures, but that tree(s) was the most colorful so far.

Maybe I'll share some of the other pictures in my next post. Not bad for a cell phone camera, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment