Thursday, October 28, 2010

L'Hôpital It!

That's about all we said in Calculus class today. Fun fact: L'Hopital isn't the one who came up with L'Hopital's Rule, Bernoulli did. L'Hopital basically commissioned Bernoulli for it and put it in his book. 


ANYway, for some reason I have a stupid amount of energy right now, even though I'm quite tired. I've already tried to sleep once, but that failed, so here I am typing up a blog post. 


We got our Calculus tests back in class today...that wasn't very confidence boosting. I did absolutely horrible. I went from getting an A on the first test, to getting a D on this (The second) test. Not many people did well at all and a few failed it. The good news is that we are allowed to drop one test grade, so this will most likely be it for most of us. 


Apparently someone in the other Calculus I class got 100 on it. I have no idea how that is even possible. Since they accomplished that then the rest will be a breeze for them since the teacher told us that was probably the hardest chapter. The one we're on right now is pretty simple. I understand it well, although I'm pretty sure I made some stupid mistakes on the quiz we turned in today. Once again I'm alright with the Calculus part, it's just the simple Algebra crap that's getting me. 


I think this'll be around the middle part of my post, so here's all the postcards I've received from Postcrossing:


Photobucket
From Japan. 


Photobucket
These are the Lake Ontario lighthouses. It seems I'm starting to like lighthouses more and more now. 


Photobucket
I believe this is the front of Xiamen University in China. 


Photobucket
From a fellow Michigander. It's from an online comic and my scanner really butchered it. 


Besides Calc class I also went over to Best Buy today. I still hadn't heard from them and my dad kept telling me to call them, so I figured I might as well head over there and talk to someone face to face. Turns out they were going to call everyone tomorrow, so all the freaking out was for nothing. I found out the orientation times though. It's over three days and the first day is this Saturday from 11 A.M. - 4 P.M. I think it is. I'm going to be so incredibly tired. 


The other two days are this coming Monday and Thursday. Monday is a few hours after my Calc class, so I'll probably be dead tired during that as well. As for Thursday I'll have to miss most of my Sculpture class. That's not too big of a deal, but I hate missing any classes. Ah well I suppose. 


The only problem now is I forgot to ask what I wear for orientation. I'll have to look over all the papers they gave me and see if it says anything about it on there. We don't have any Best Buy shirts yet, so I'm assuming (For now) that it isn't too work-ish. We'll see though.


This past weekend I got to see some family that I haven't seen since March. I went over to my mom's for a few hours and found out that Friday (22nd) was my grandma's birthday and that there was going to be a dinner at Papa Vino's (Italian Restaurant) that night. Way to leave me out of the loop family. 


The dinner wasn't all that great. Sure, it was nice to see some family again, but the way my mom's been behaving over the past year just made it blah. I'm not going to discuss it on here, but I don't agree with any decision she's made since October of last year. 


I really wish the family would get together more often though. We all live really close to each other, but stay isolated. I highly doubt that I'll hear anything about Thanksgiving or Christmas until they have already passed. I kind of feel like the "forgotten" grandchild around my grandparents now, but I'm not going to reach out to people who disown a different family member every other day. 


The family is definitely chaotic, but I do miss seeing them and still love them. I just really wish that everyone could get over their grudges and hypocritical selves so that we can actually be a family. Even if it's only for a little while. 


That little part is kind of depressing, but over the past few days I have been laughing at so much. My situations with people are just ridiculous. I'm not even sure how to explain it, so I won't bother going into detail. 


All I know is that my dreams have been telling me a lot more than I wanted to realize lately. 


Also...


L'Hôpital It!

No comments:

Post a Comment