Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's November? Really?

Which means everything is now going to be about Thanksgiving. This year really has gone by extremely fast. Merely two months left and we'll be celebrating the New Year. I am determined to do something fun for New Years. One of these times I'll make it to New York City to celebrate. 

It's also almost November 5th, so the V for Vendetta references are probably going to increase. When I was in high school there was always one guy who would dress up as V on the 5th. I just watched the movie on October 30th, so my contribution is complete.

The cold weather is also forcing its way in. The news is talking some snow flakes this weekend, but luckily nothing is supposed to stick. I am never ready for Winter. I don't like the season at all. My house turns into an igloo during Winter since it's about the same temperature inside as it is outside. Terrible.

As far as postcards though, I only have two that I haven't posted on here yet. I stopped sending on Postcrossing so that I could save what little money I have. Now that I'm going to be working, I'll be able to start sending (and thus receiving) out some postcards again. These are both from Postcrossing:

Photobucket
From Finland

Photobucket
From Russia. This is definitely my favorite card so far. It's a lot prettier in person obviously. Where ever there is silver, it's actually sparkly. 

So far I've had two out of the three Best Buy orientations. The one I had on Monday only lasted two hours, when it was scheduled to last four, but I'm in no way complaining. I was surprised with a phone call today from Best Buy though. I'll be working this Sunday from 10 A.M. - 3 P.M. and next Wednesday from 1 P.M. - 5 P.M. There's also a mandatory meeting this Saturday at 7:30 in the morning, so unfortunately there's no sleeping in for me this weekend. 

As far as Calculus goes, this chapter is so much better to comprehend than chapter 3. I got the first Chapter 4 quiz back today and my score was 22/25 due to some stupid mistakes I made. We turned in the second Chapter 4 quiz today and after going over the quiz key, it looks like I'll be getting 100% on it. I really need to keep a decent grade in that class, so those two quizzes will help me a bit. Since we're done with the chapter now, it's time to get ready for the test. Oh fun. 

I was looking at a swap description yesterday and this site was listed in it: http://oneword.com/. I checked it out, and ended up creating an account there. Basically you are given a word and a box to type in. You have sixty seconds to type whatever you want. The word shown is the prompt you write from. Each day there's a new word, but I'm unsure of the time they change words. Creating an account allows you to keep track of what you've written. It seems very interesting, and it's a very quick thing to do. 

Not much is going to be happening. My posts are probably going to be even more focused on school and work related things since that'll be about all I'll be doing. I'm definitely glad that I'll finally be able to build up some savings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment