Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oh Boy, It's Been A Little While.

I have a lot of stuff to type about, but since I don't really want a huge mass of text for a post I'll most likely shorten things down. I'm also not going to write about everything, since I don't want some of it to be posted on the internet. 


I honestly don't remember what happened during the last week of August. Trying to think about it now, nothing comes to mind or jumps out at me. Starting on September 1st through the 6th I had to dog sit for my cousins. I suppose I was house sitting as well since I basically lived there during that time. The first couple days were great actually, since I was away from my family and didn't have to deal with anyone. It was like a mini-vacation even though I was only three minutes from home. After those days though I felt really sick and stayed at home for the night. My grandma stayed at the house for the next day after and then I spent the last day or two by myself again. 


Taking care of the animals was fine; there was only two Golden Reteiver's and a bunny. The dogs were kind of fun to play with outside. Jersey (The younger dog) is obsessed with tennis balls and fetches quite well. The second to last day I was there I actually brought my dog, a Chihuahua named Tiny, over since they have a fenced in backyard. At first the other two were very curious about him, but then Abby (the older of the two) lost interest and went on to do her thing. For most of the time Tiny would just follow me around, but he eventually got enough courage to explore the yard on his own. 


Here are two pictures of Abby and Jersey playing:


Photobucket


Photobucket


And here's two pictures of my dog, Tiny:


Photobucket


Photobucket


If the quality seems a little off on them, it's because I took them with my new phone. Oh, yeah, I got a new phone on my cousins birthday. That was the 25th of August. I can't believe I forgot about his birthday. He turned 18 and to celebrate we went to this local restaurant called Gershwin's, I think it is, and he tried to take on the their challenge of eating almost a four pound burger in an hour. He was doing very good at first and was half way done before 30 minutes was up. He really slowed down though and when the time was up he had about 1/4 of the burger left. I really can't believe how huge it was. I wish I had some pictures of it.


That night though I got my new phone. It has a qwerty keyboard and takes pictures, video, and you can put a memory card in it to have MP3's as well. It's a really cool and nice phone, but I was having a lot of issues with it, so I had to take it back and exchange it. Calling the company to keep my phone number was a huge ass hassle though. I was on the phone for an hour and of course I got someone who was from India. No offense to anyone, but I could not understand anything he said since he had a thick accent and talked way too quiet. Half the time I was on hold though since he was relaying information back to another "department". I don't understand why he didn't just transfer me to them so I could talk to them myself, but at least it's done with.


College started back up on September 7th, which was a Tuesday. The classes I were going to take was originally Sculpture 1, Intro to Softball, and Calculus 1. From 12:40 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. I have sculpture on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so that was the first class I attended. That was fine and only lasted about an hour and a half since we just went over the syllabus. From 5 P.M. - 6 P.M. is supposed to be Softball on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs. I go to the room where we are supposed to meet at and no one is there. Class is supposed to have started and still, no one is there. I go to the front desk and the lady there says that this happens every year. She calls up the teacher and she's in her office. Somehow she knew who was asking about the class and told me to go meet her in her office. I go down there and she informs me that the class has been cancelled since only six people signed up for it. For some reason they didn't even have the courtesy to email me to tell me that it was cancelled. Each student has a college email address that is available to every teacher, so there was no excuse to not use that. This, of course, screws up my whole schedule since I only wanted to be a 3/4 time student and with that class now gone I was considered a 1/2 time student. 


When I got home I looked through all the one credit courses offered and they were all full since school had already started. I eventually checked out a class called "Total Fitness" which is basically an open gym type thing. I ended up adding that and am now a 3/4 time student again. I actually added a movie class that is only once a week, which would bump me up to a full time student. But since the class is three hours and on a day I have sculpture class, it would greatly interfere with my homework for Calculus. I ended up dropping it the next day. 


It's now the weekend and the first week of classes was pretty alright. Calculus goes by a lot faster than what I expected and sculpture is way too long for my tastes. I have yet to do the Pre-assesment for the fitness class since I have papers to fill out beforehand, but I'm scheduled to attend that on Monday. I just hope that my exercise routine fits in well with everything else I'm doing. So far everything is looking good, and I really hope that it continues in that direction. 


I've received a few things from Postcrossing and Swap-bot as well. Here are the new postcards from Postcrossing:


Photobucket
This one's from a nurse in Germany. 


Photobucket
From an older man in California.


Photobucket
This is my favorite card so far. Those are Dugongs and they are so adorable and derp. 


And here's what I've gotten from Swap-bot. They're all PC's as well:


Photobucket


Photobucket
A German lake. 


Photobucket


I'm definitely going to try to update more frequently, even with school and whatnot. I just don't want to get behind on updating and then have to write an insane amount like this. I'm pretty sure I included everything I wanted, but who knows...I am quite the forgetful person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment