Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yum....Bacon

Well things have definitely flipped around a bit since my last post. I decided to decline the job offer and really looked at community colleges that offered what I was looking for. I refuse to pay an insane amount of money for the same knowledge and experience I'd get at someplace cheaper. 


To my surprise there is a community college in Iowa that looks absolutely amazing. It has everything I want in every aspect and non-residents only pay $10 more per credit hour, which is crazily cheap compared to a lot of the colleges and universities I looked at. It even has on campus housing. There are two other community colleges that I wrote down to keep looking at. One is also in Iowa and the other is in Wyoming. They both appear to be very good, but I really fell in love with the first one. What sucks though is that I'll probably have to wait until next fall to attend due to housing most likely being full. I am definitely going to email them though to make sure and ask whatever other questions I have. 


I am definitely pleased that I have decided to pursue what I love. The main issue is getting to the college and adjusting to not living at home or being near family. It will probably be a major shock, but hopefully I'll be fine. Another problem is paying for it all. The Pell Grant will be able to pay for the classes and books and things like that, but as for housing, that's almost the cost of the classes so I'll have to apply to as many scholarships as I possibly can. 


I've also received two postcards since my last post. This one is from the Netherlands for Postcrossing:


Photobucket


And this one is from Finland for the site Sendsomething.net:


Photobucket


There really isn't much else that has happened. I am actually enjoying Calculus, which blows my mind since all throughout school I absolutely loathed any type of math class. However, I have to take the first test within a week, so we'll see how I'm doing then. I'm in a few postcard swaps right now, so I should have more PC's to post here soon. 


Oh, I've also been playing Pokemon HeartGold and Castlevania for the N64. I am on such a Nintendo kick right now it's ridiculous. Castlevania is surprisingly really fun, but stupidly hard. "HAVE FUN WITH THE INVISIBLE BRIDGE" is pretty much what you can hear the creators saying at one point in the game. With Pokemon I get completely addicted to it and will end up putting way too many hours on it. I just do not know when to put it down, but my lack of a charge cord has already interfered with that. It feels really good to start playing games again.


 Now I just need to start reading all the books I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment