Monday, August 16, 2010

Terrible Day

Today has been an absolutely awful day. I spent at least 4 hours this morning trying to figure out classes and stuff for college. I'm really trying not to overload myself, but I'm also going out on a limb by taking Calculus 1. I actually shouldn't be able to take the class since I haven't taken the ones that come before it, but apparently my ACT scores in math were high enough to allow me to skip the other math classes and head straight into Calculus. I'm not a fan of math at all, but I'd eventually need to take it since it's a basic requirement and I would like to challenge myself a little bit. If I hate it within the first few days I can always drop it and take a lower course.

After I finally registered and what not for college I then did an online application for a job at the hospital here. That was the WORST application I have ever had to fill out. It had my put in just about everything, including my drivers license number and the license plate number on my car. It then had me put a cover letter and my resume on it as well even though I had already filled in the exact same information. After I submitted it, it had me answer even more questions before it finally freed me from its clutches.

I actually got to relax a little bit after that. Made a run to the post office to mail off a book and a DVD. Then I headed over to the college to pick up the Calculus textbook I need. Turns out they are currently out of stock, so I'll have to call the bookstore in a few days to see if they have any. I really don't understand why they wouldn't have any books considering the class is only about half full at the moment.

After that annoyance I headed over to a little fast food restaurant by my house called Mr. Goody's to get a smoothie. I was told by the cashier that they don't have them today...I have no idea how that is possible.

I finally get home and see that I have some books from Paperbackswap. One of the packages was ripped, but luckily the books inside were fine. Can't say the same for the other book. The wrapping on the hardcover book was completely fine, but when I opened it there was clearly water damage, and the inside of the dust jacket had obvious water stains and looked like it had mold growing on it. This is definitely against the rules of PBS, so I'll have to mark the book as "received with a problem."

Hopefully things will turn out ok in the sense that I'll finally have a job again. I swear it's nearly impossible to find a job in this town. Even Burger King isn't hiring; trust me, I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment