Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Swaps

I have completed and received a few swaps in the past few days. Two have been electronic swaps, and two have been a mail swap. One was a coloring swap where we had to color one page and send it with an uncolored page to our partner. Each person had two partners. I also received a postcard today from my Basic Postcard Swap partner. Since today was cooled off enough I was able to scan the pictures. 


Photobucket
This is the colored picture I received from a member of the Character Coloring Swap.


Photobucket
This is another colored picture I received from the same swap as above. 


Photobucket
This is the uncolored picture I received from the same person that colored the one above. 


Photobucket
This is the PC I received for the Basic Postcard Swap.


Since I have completed five swaps and have a good rating I was able to host my first swap. It's called What's Your Favorite Animal? and in it you draw your favorite animal with whatever you want, however you like. You also write a note/letter about why you like that animal so much. I also made an optional thing where you can include some information about the animal as well. I figured I could make it a little educational...especially since I'm allowing people's children to be involved. So far 6 people have joined the swap and 18 people are watching it, which is more than I thought already. 


So far four of the five postcards I sent out about two weeks ago have made it to their destinations. The ones that have been received so far went to: Taiwan, Netherlands, Germany, and Finland. The one to Australia has yet to arrive, but I bet it will within the next few days. Four more people have been assigned to me from: USA, Taiwan, Netherlands, and Spain. Hopefully the next country I'm assigned will be Italy. Since my cards have been received I was put into the system to be sent a card. So hopefully I'll be getting a few in the mail within the next few weeks. 


I mailed out a few things today as well. I had to wrap five books, which took forever. Three of them are going to the same person so I was able to wrap them as a group instead of individually. I ended up not having an envelope big enough for them though so I had to wrap them in the brown wrapping paper type stuff. I also mailed two envelopes; one was for Swap-bot, while the other is to a personal friend. 


I also received several things today. Three were books; two from the same person. There was also a letter swap and then the postcard. The two books were wrapped in a plastic bag and then printer paper. The paper was half ripped and just hanging there when I got the package. Good thing they had used the plastic or else the books probably would have been damaged. 


Updated on 8/15/10 with pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment